Détails de l'offre
Who Are We?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer focused on working with Ruby on Rails to join our engineering team.
- You are an engineer that enjoys helping people (engineers, business stakeholders, customers) and you want to work at a company with a strong focus on supporting and serving others.
- 6+ years of professional web development experience using Ruby on Rails..
- A team player who is trusted by their peers and provides constructive feedback for the betterment of the team.
- Capable of guiding and directing junior staff on a project. Respected as a senior team member in contributing to technical direction.
- Hands-on experience working with object-oriented programming beyond MVC in Rails. Bonus points for familiarity or experience with functional programming concepts.
- Comfortable following established patterns and approaches within existing code bases.
- Capable of end-to-end problem solving; accurately debugging problems quickly.
- Exemplifies professional team and organizational standards. Helps set and maintain professional standards for the team.
- Experience writing automated tests using one or more Ruby testing libraries (rspec, test-unit, minitest, etc).
- Capable of developing across multiple Rails applications.
- Senior-level knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local and production system debugging.
- Understands fundamental concepts of systems development life cycle (SDLC), and is responsible for adherence to all practical aspects.
- Familiar with agile development (scrum) or open to learning and being an active contributor to the team’s development process.
- Should be aware of the business value of work being done. Able to prioritize own work when given business value context.
- Should be customer-focused, solving problems for internal and external customers.
- Evangelize and maintain technical standards and strategies for your team.
- Drives and creates work for existing and forthcoming projects, and is able to deliver project goals and tasks to other engineers when needed. Analyzes requirements to determine the feasibility of design options within time and cost constraints.
- Encourage and adhere to engineering best practices and company processes with system maintainability and long-term health in mind.
- Provide engineering support to front-line employees.
- Participate in on-call rotation with your peers in the technology group after onboarding.
- Deliver thoughtful solutions to business problems that are on time and within budget.
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple Macbook Pro + External Monitor
- Flexible PTO
- 401k Retirement plan
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Who can apply?
- USA: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WI, WV, and VA
Ce que signifie rejoindre le Groupe Adecco.
Depuis plus de 50 ans, nous proposons des emplois à des milliers de personnes dans le monde. Nous accompagnons nos clients grâce à des services et solutions emploi innovants et en leur offrant une expérience personnalisée. Faire partie de notre Groupe, c’est rejoindre une équipe internationale passionnée par sa mission: accompagner les professionnels durant toute leur carrière professionnelle, et les entreprises dans la recherche et la gestion de leurs talents.